Mosaic for beginners - The temple
Here we have the appropriate item, a Roman mosaic tile as instruction material, for making your pupils or students familiar with genuine handcrafting tradition combined with captivating design. Don’t miss your chance to implement this great product in your lecturing.
Opening art history to own experiencing
Offer your pupils or students the opportunity to craft an intriguing piece of art out of simple materials . As teaching item the mosaic tile will become an interesting specimen once finished, most impressive to all ages of onlookers.
Simple handling guarantees lots of fun
First step in the work process is to apply any color as primer on the mosaic tile, your teaching material. We strongly recommend using the same color as you intend to use for the gaps in between the tiles. Let the primer consist of much water alongside your color when you paint the fresh tile. After a drying period of five to ten minutes your primer should be ready for a finishing coat done in water colors or egg tempera of your preference.
Now this has to be applied in thicker consistency as you don’t want the primer looking through. Let’ summon up the features:
- teaching material mosaic tile made of white alabaster plaster of Paris
- size is 10 x 10 centimeters
- easy handling throughout the work process
- lowered gaps
- attractive style
- for 5 years of age and up
- comes from quality brand ‘Forum Traiani ®‘
Your teaching material is multiply usable after rinsing a former painting with water, it gets washed away and ready for a new coat
Roman design for wall and floor
Mosaics made of tiles were popular in ancient Roman prosperous households and commonly used in villas and mansions for decorating walls, ceilings and floors alike. Bring your pupils or students in fruitful contact with this old handicraft tradition, by this easy way of producing such tiles together.
Find high quality in the mosaic tile as your teaching material
Alabaster plaster of Paris is a fine natural material and should not be mistaken for ordinary plaster. It is finer structured and when dried up becomes very durable, that’s why it is the preferred material for renovation and art projects. So with this product you acquire the best quality possible while enabling your students to participate in ancient handcrafting.
- All surface of the mosaic tile is primed with a background color. You most probably will chose the color which is supposed to be used on the joints. Dilute with lots of water across whole tile.
- After short drying time, 5 to 10 minutes, the particular mosaic pieces have to be painted in colors of your choice. Consistency is now less watery than the primer, so you make sure it is covering.
- That’s it. Your own mosaics are done.
Forum Traiani ® registered trademark