Byzantine Mosaic Craft Set for school classes
The complete class set (for 11 children/students) to run a mosaic course. The tesserae can be divided simply using a pair of scissors. No special pliers of mosaic is required.
If you want some help with the designs, you can copy one of the mosaic templates on to the board, using carbon paper.
It is easy to create your own mosaic:
- Draw your design on to the wood panels or use one of the templates.
- Simply cut the mosaic stones with kitchen scissors.
- Apply the mosaic glue on to the wood panels and place the mosaic stones on to the wooden panels according to your design.
- Leave the stones on the glue for 2 hours until dry.
- Once dried, mix the grouting powder with as much water that it forms a soft paste.
- Let the grout set for 10 minutes after mixing. This step, called slaking, allows the water to completely moisten the dry ingredients.
- Remix the grout after the slaking period and adjust the mixture by adding a little more powder or water until you reach the viscosity of mayonnaise. Be careful, as it doesn't take much of either to radically change the consistency.
- Fill the gaps between the mosaic stones with your grouting paste and clean your mosaic stones with a wet tissue – and your mosaic is finished!
The mosaic craft set is designed for 11 children
- 12 free templates of 10x10cm
- 11 wooden boards of 10x10cm
- 1000g approx. 950 mosaic Byzantine tesserae
- Stone size 1x1cm
- Can be cut with any pair of scissors
- White 500g grouting powder
- 2 bottles of wood glue of 40ml
- Age: 6 +
Forum Traiani ® registered trademark